Seek medical attention as soon as possible and inform your family physician of your injuries.

BEFORE YOU CALL ANY INSURANCE COMPANY, call a lawyer to know your rights. The lawyers at Fidelis Law Droit will explain your rights and obligations to you at no costs to you.

Call your insurance company and ask the representative to send you your accident benefits forms also know as initial Section B forms.

Complete the accident benefits forms (one for you, one for your doctor, one for your employer) and send the back to your own insurance company.

Do not speak or meet with an insurance representative until you have spoken with a lawyer and you know your rights.

If your doctor places you off work, inform your employer.

If your doctor puts you off work for more than two weeks as result of your injuries, communicate with Service Canada to open an employment insurance sick benefits claim at 1-800-206-7218. Also inquire about
any disability coverage you may have through work or any private plans you may have (short term disability or long term disability for example).

Gather as much information as you can. Take picture of your injuries, take pictures of your vehicle’s damage and any other vehicle you have access to. Keep track of all expenses incurred as a result of the accident and keep receipts.

Follow the treatments recommended by your doctors and rehabilitation specialists.